Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Suggestions for Students: Be Patient

Language and Culture Learning takes time.  Especially as adults learning these new things, it is easy to become impatient.  So often, we look at kids and think how easily and how well they learn language.  Yet, there are two things we give kids a whole lot of when they are developing their language skills and those are time and patience.

Recently, I have felt particularly impatient in my pursuit to differentiate and produce the proper pronunciation of French vowels.  Then I was reminded that I have only been learning French for 3 months.  This got me thinking: how long does it take for kids to master pronunciation in their native language?  As I researched this question, I discovered some very encouraging information.  I will be sharing more about first language development in children later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment